Monday, February 23, 2009

521: Long Term Project

I'm a failure. I apologize. I don't have 20% of my project done. I actually don't have anything done. I'm in the process of changing my subject due to some uncontrollable circumstances.

SRS (Special Recreation Services) is a program in Isabella Country that provides equal recreation opportunities for people of all abilities. SRS helps its members take place in activities that would normally be difficult or impossible on their own.

For my final project, I would like to highlight a couple of members of the SRS program. By following them in their everyday lives, I will be able to show the struggles they come accross all the time and positive effect that SRS and its volunteers have on these individuals. Heather, Richard & Frank all have different disabilities that make it very difficult to participate in everyday activities on their own.

SRS is a part of a bigger program known as Access to Recreation. The Mt. Pleasant Community Foundation was named 1 of 8 community foundations to recieve a grant, "intended to expand & enhance recreation opportunities for citizens of all abilities."

Through my project, I hope to show the impact the SRS program has on these individuals lives, and increase my audience's understanding of special needs individuals and the difficulties that they go through on a day to day basis.

What do ya'll think? Please give me suggestions/comments/whatever. Thanks =)

No comments:

Post a Comment